Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Reason

I want to experience a class that is run through the use of blogs.
I've been following Barbara Ganley who has used class blogs to teach writing -- creative nonfiction. She does blended learning. She models getting students involved and talking to each other. Here is one of her posts about her students' work. She is one of the most exciting teachers I have found on the web.

I want to experience the interaction, the sharing, the exploring and creativity of weaving my work with that of others. Barbara's class meets face-to-face (f2f) and online. We have the challenge of doing this creating online only.

Barbara uses class time to build trust. What does an online only group need to do to have the same kind of safety? Sylvia's post describes ways that Leigh is facilitating our class. What do we course participants need to do?

4 comments:

Illya Arnet said...

Hi Nancy
I finally found your blog while sifting through all the FOC stuff.

Since I haven't had a response from you yet, I thought I'd go find you and ask you if you needed any help, but you seem to have started well already!

I appreciate your reflections and am looking forward to reading more from you.

Illya

Leigh Blackall said...

Hmm, I wonder if Nancy has her blog set to send her an email if people comment? It seems unusual not to have a response from her in the comments here... Nancy?

Nancy Riffer said...

@ illya
Thank you for your offer to help me; I apologize for not getting back to you. I'm glad you find my blog interesting. I am doing better as you observed.

@Leigh. Thanks for the heads up.

Nancy Riffer said...

Just found the email comments button!